Monday, March 13, 2017

God's Holy Temple

1 Cor. 3:17, 21-23
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple...So let no one boast in men, for all things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future--and you are Christ's and Christ is God's. 

What a truth to realize that we are Christ's, part and parcel and that God's holy temple is within us. It is not a building but a living entity. Amazingly we are privy to Christ and to God. No longer do we struggle with identity or worship. We are His! Made in His image and now to live and breathe in His life! We do not have to have a pilgrimage or go to a specified location. We just have to meet God and Christ in the privacy of our own hearts. He has come to be at home within us, and are we at home with Him. Are we abiding in Him each moment? Are we transformed by His power and grace? Yet often we are like the Corinthinans who were not spiritual people, but were people of the flesh, and infants in Christ who could not be fed with the solid food of the Word but with milk. [1 Cor. 3:1-2] How sad! How really foolish when God has gifted us with so much and we would rather live like paupers. He has blessed us with the rich, spiritual food, but we would rather live on milk. It only reveals the strength of our flesh. I must cry out to God each day for His grace to be my strength to fight the battle against my own flesh, against myself. 

Father,
Help me to think of You throughout this day. Help me to remember that Christ is within me and that my body is Your holy temple. Fill my mind and my thoughts with You. Make my conversation be filled with Your words.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment