Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Gifts

1 Pet. 4:10-11
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks the oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves the the strength that God supplies--in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To Him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen

The main point: Whatever I have, do, think, say, I do it through Jesus, in and through His wonderful grace. What God has blessed me with , I need to use to bless others. Jesus was a servant to all, and He wants me to serve others too. If I don't use what He has given me, then I am not a good steward of His grace. What exactly does that mean? How does it related to using our gifts. 

I am reminded of the parable of the servants. Each was given a gift of the same amount. One went and increased his gift from 10 talents to 20. Another went and increased his gift from 10-15. But one servant hid his talent in the ground because he was afraid of the master, or so he said. Maybe laziness? When the master came back, each was rewarded accordingly. The servant who had hidden his talent had his taken away, and consequently, lost his position as a servant altogether. Jesus has given believers gifts [talents] as well. Grace is the power that enables us to use those gifts properly. If we are not good stewards of the grace, we are not using grace in such a way that allows us to have adequate power to use our gifts. So through the grace of God, we use our gifts increasing them as much as we can so that when our Master [Jesus Christ] returns, He can say to us, Well done, you good and faithful servant. Then God will be glorified through Jesus Christ. 

Father,
Thank You for Your amazing grace. Help me to be a good steward of it. Teach me how to use my gifts for you without my own strength. I want to use it through Your grace so that you may be glorified. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment