Saturday, June 4, 2016

The Hills

Ps. 121

As the psalmist lifted up his eyes to the hills so to I must lift up my eyes each day. Perhaps the hills meant he was nearing his place of worship and was almost to his desired destination, or perhaps it means that there was danger in the hills, a danger that wanted to keep him from Jerusalem. Either way, I can identify. There is danger in the world, a danger that can be feared depending on where a person lives in the world, or as I look I can see the hand of God in everything. I can see the great power of God in creation and His power over an individual life. 

Like the psalmist, I know that my helps comes from the Lord. There is no other person who can provide the help that I need, that can protect, strengthen, guide, or comfort me. He is the One! He never slumbers and has the power to keep everyone person on this earth at the same time since He is the God of ultimate power and control. He is the creator! He keeps me from evil and keeps charge of all the details of my life. You name it, He has control of it. He is much more than a manager or the most powerful person on this earth. He is a power unlike any man has seen or ever will see, yet He has reached down to man individually and has established a relationship with him through His Son, Jesus Christ. What have I to fear? Man could only end this life, but has no power over eternity. God can has control of this life and eternity as well. Certainly, the psalmist had a handle on who God really was! He must have known Him personally as do I. Praise Him for His watch care over me!

Father,
Thank You for this beautiful psalm. How it blesses my heart this morning. Thank You that You are in control of my life. There are too many decisions that I do not have the wisdom to even begin figure out. It must be You, all You!
In Jesus,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment