Monday, July 11, 2016

Charge

1 Tim. 1:1-11

"The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

How complex is this simple statement! Love from a pure heart. Who can even aspire to that? Our love is so flawed and often selfish. A good conscience! Even harder. Haven't we all hidden away things that we don't want others to see or know. And a sincere faith. Thankfully faith is a gift, but how sincere are we? This simple charge is humanly impossible! Maybe that is the point. It is only through the grace of God working in and through us that we can even begin to understand what these words mean. For me, this charge must be a matter of constant prayer. God must grow me in these areas. I so want to be obedient to this charge.

Father,
Help me love from a pure heart, keep a good conscience, and have a sincere faith. I can not do this on my own. It is only through You. Jesus, be my help. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment