Friday, July 22, 2016

The Charge and The Christ

1 Tim. 6:11-21

As I read this section, I was overwhelmed with the beauty and the message of the words. So much in so little space. First the charge: As for you, O man of God...Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. This should be my pursuit! So whatever it is I am doing, if it does not allow for this qualities to grow and flourish, it should not be what I pursue. But wait, if that is not enough there is more! Fight the good fight of faith, Take hold of eternal life, and keep  the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ. Wow! This should be the believer's life. This should be my life!

Second, this passage makes some wonderful statements about Christ! The preceding charge is given in the presence of God who give life to all things, and in the presence of Christ Jesus, who Himself made confession in front of Pilate. He is our example. He is who we should follow. Then the passage goes on to describe Jesus at His coming for His own. He is blessed and only sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, immortal, dwells in unapproachable light, and to Him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen! Wow! 

Finally after all great stuff, Paul speaks specifically to Timothy, and tells him to guard the deposit entrusted to him. Like Timothy, I need to heed the charge of Paul and live like he wanted Timothy to live. I need to remember who Christ is, this Christ I serve and love.I need to remember Him in all his glory! And glory He is! I love this passage! Might be a good one to memorize and pray.

Father,
Thank You for blessing my heart this morning. You knew exactly what I needed. Thank You for giving me Christ, for showing me just a glimpse of His glory. Thank You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment