Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Rom. 8 [Part 2]

Rom. 8: 37-39
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This glorious chapter continues pouring blessing upon blessing. What a wondrous God we serve! While we are eagerly awaiting the return of Christ, the Spirit Himself is our ready companion.
  • The Spirit helps us in our weakness, when we don't know how to pray by interceding for us with groanings too deep for words. But still there's more! We can rest in the fact that whatever the Spirit prays is according to the will of God. 
  • For those who love God and are called according to His purpose all things will work together for good, God's good, the best good there is!
  • Those whom He foreknew, He predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son so that Jesus might be the firstborn among many brethren.  Those He predestined, He called, those He called, He justified, and those He justified, he glorified. 
  •  If God is for us, who can be against us? God did not spare His own Son for our behalf, will He change that now? No. 
  • Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger, or sword. Nothing, Nothing, Nothing! What a wonderful Savior! It takes an entirely new shift in thinking to realize that the cessation of breath is not the cessation of life. 
  • No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  What does it mean to be more than a conqueror? Does it mean to rise above temporal things? Definitely it means to view life as Jesus views it. Could it mean to be free from the grips of physical life and of Satan, well beyond his venue. Not only am I safe with the Savior, but I am safe for eternity. 
For me, being more than a conqueror means keeping heart. 
  •  2 Cor. 4:16-17--So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. This life is all preparation for what is to come. It is to shift our eyes from the world to the things of God.
For me, being more than a conqueror means valuing above all else the treasure I have within my jar of clay. 
  • 2 Cor. 4:7-10-- But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair;persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
For me, being more than a conqueror means His grace is my sufficiency and His power is perfected in my weaknesses. \
  • Cor. 12:9-10--But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Father, 
You have blessed my life in so many ways. Thank You for Jesus, for my new life, and for making me more than a conqueror. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment