Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thoughts on Psalm 63

Ps 63

So beautifully written ane yet so full of meaning!  David certainly knew the Lord and cherished his time with Him. 


  • O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. ----Without God there is no life! It is merely a thirsting for something that can never be found and a fainting, a falling hard without ever being helped. With such a great lack, it only makes sense that men would search for what they were missing. Sadly, they often look in the wrong places seeking for more and more to fill the emptiness inside. Searching for God is the only search that truly satisfies!  
  • So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. ----God's sanctuary is not necessarily a building, but it is the place where He can be found. When He is found, then His power and glory surround you. He has invited me to be His child, to experience His best for me, and to bask in His glory and power. 
  • Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.----God's attributes are ever evident in my relationship with Him. His steadfast love is better than this physical, earthly love. Because of who He is, I will praise Him. My lips must praise! What else can I do? He is the One who has saved, redeemed, sanctified, justified, and will one day glorify me!
  • So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.----My mission is to bless Him as long as He gives me breath. Not only with my lips but also with my hands! I bless Him because of who He is. I trust that what He has placed in my life is for my good. 
  • My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,----He satisfies me 100%. Such satisfaction exudes praise from joyful lips. 
  • when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night;for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.----Even in the nighttime when day is done, when the problems lay heavy on my heart, I will meditate on HIm. Why? He has always helped me before and will continue to do so. I have been in the shadow of His wings. I know the joy that is there. He becomes my song in the night!
  • My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.----I cling to Him. His right hand supports me. His outstretched arm is my dread warrior. 
Father,
Thank You for this beautiful psalm. I cling to Your words and the shadow of Your wings. You have blessed me beyond all measure. I bless You!
In the name of Jesus my Savior,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment