Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Spirit

1 Cor. 2:14
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Thankfully, the message of the gospel does not depend on man's wisdom. If it did, I would not be able to share anything. But since it is Spirit driven and the Spirit is a gift to each believer, a gift who indwells and constantly teaches and leads, I can share. 

The Spirit reveals to believers the things of God because who but a person's spirit knows the innermost workings and thoughts. It is the same with God. The Spirit knows the depths of God. Believers have not received the spirit of the world, but instead the Spirit that is from God so that we might understand the things freely given us by God. What a monumental gift! Truly indescribable! Truly amazing! Amazing grace! The Spirit Himself interprets spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. If I have the Spirit, then I am spiritual. I am privy to all that the Spirit can teach! I have this glorious gift, but what do I do with it? How do I communicate with the Spirit?

Someone without Christ doesn't accept spiritual things because they are foolishness to him. For instance, the Beatitudes. To the world someone who is meek is a doormat, but to the spiritual meekness is evidence of the Spirit in the life. The same goes for the Fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ. The mind of Christ!

Father,
I am in awe of the gift of the Spirit. Teach me more each day how to listen and hear all He is saying to me. I ask that You transform my mind conforming it to the mind of Christ.
In Jesus name,
Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment