Friday, February 26, 2016

Abraham

Rom. 4

God promised Abraham that he would be the father of many nations, a promise that many people would have doubted ever coming true. It was through hope that his faith did not waver or weaken in light of the fact that he was 100 or that Sarah was barren. These issues seemed inconsequential to him in light of a promise from Almighty God. No distrust entered his mind, heart or spirit! Instead he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God. He was fully convinced in the power of God knowing that God would do what He promised. It is for this reason that his faith was counted to him as righteousness. He rested in God completely. No doubt whatsoever! The words 'counted to him' were written not just for Abraham but for us as well. It will be counted to us who believe in Him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification. The issue is belief and trust. Where is my heart? Do I just say that God will follow through. Sometimes words can be shallow. Or do I believe it enough that it affects my life?  When things look humanly impossible, do I still trust and believe?

Father,
Like others, I ask that You strengthen my faith. Make it unshakable regardless of circumstances.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment