Friday, December 20, 2013

Look Carefully

Eph. 4:15-16
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish but understand what the will of the Lord is.
 
Since I am a child of the light, my entire nature is changed. I am not just in the light, but I am light in the same way that my pre-salvation  nature was darkness. My salvation is not just an outward difference, but it goes to the very core of my being. I am a new creature in Christ! How glorious! Positionally this is all true because God sees me through the blood of Jesus. But practically, I fight the battle!
 
When I walk as a child of light, I am to walk in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. If I muck around in my old deeds, I will have great difficulty pleasing Him and discerning His will. In fact, I am to look carefully, not even take a step without thinking and praying. This includes the very small things in life, the thing that I normally do on auto-pilot  where I accomplish much of my day without even consulting God. If I do this, I am telling God that I can handle certain things by myself without His grace. How foolish! This is not walking in wisdom. The passage is very clear. I must walk in wisdom which comes from being in the light. This means I must be in constant communication with God so that I know where to step and what His will is for me that day. 
 
Father,
Open my eyes to see clearly all the times when I am not walking carefully. I know that I am light, but I need help to live it out. Guide me.
In His name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment