Monday, February 16, 2015

Ps.43

Ps. 43:3-5
Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God. Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.


In the depths of despair, David cried out to his God to vindicate his cause against people who were deceitful and unjust. Even though David's struggle has long since been past, people today feel the same way. I think of Saeed in the Iranian prison. I imagine he has prayed something similar to this. I know that I have. The same goes for the Egyptian Christians who were executed. This persecution of Christians is growing worldwide. It should drive us to our knees to pray for others around the globe and to pray for Americans here at home. 

What should I pray? for deliverance? for strength to withstand? I know that I should pray that my thoughts about these horrible events should be the same as God's thoughts. That is why verses 3-5 are exactly what I should pray. I should ask for His light and truth to be my guide to take me into His presence. There I should praise God for what is true about Him. He is my exceeding joy. Is there a reason to despair? Humanly speaking the conditions are bleak, but spiritually I can hope in God. Hope will lead me to Him, my salvation and my God. Perhaps God uses these horrible circumstances to draw us to HImself. We must rely on Him. There is nothing we can do but hope and pray.

Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. [Ps. 86:11]

Father,
I need Your light and truth to guide me to You to unite my heart to Yours. You are my joy and my life. I praise Your name.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment