Friday, February 13, 2015

To Rome

Acts 23:11
The following night the Lord stood by him and said---Take courage, for as you have testified to the facts about me in Jerusalem, so you must testify in Rome.

Acts 25:1-12 is the fulfillment of what Jesus told Paul in Acts 23:11  God had a set plan for Paul's life, and it did not include death by the hands of the Jews. Three days after Festus arrived in the province, he went up to Jerusalem. Try as they might, the Jews could not get Festus to bring Paul to Jerusalem. Their ambush was foiled. Taking men of authority with him, Festus and the Jews traveled to Caesarea. 

When he arrived in Caesarea, Festus asked for Paul to be brought to him. He answered the charges by saying he had done nothing against the Jews, the temple, nor against Caesar. He continued saying,  If I am a wrongdoer and have committed anything for which I deserve to die, I do not seek to escape death. But if there is nothing in their charges against me, I appeal to Caesar. Paul's life was right on target. Rome was his goal. Paul's life was totally at the disposal of the Lord. Whatever God wanted for him, he was for it. Such obedience!

Father,
Give me a heart of obedience. Whatever you have for me, I want to do that is through Your strength. Help me to bring glory to Your name.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment