Friday, May 8, 2015

Sovereign Plan

Gal. 1:15
But He who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son to me, in order that I might preach to the Gentiles. 

What a wonderful declaration! We could all say something similar about our lives. God has set apart for Himself each one of us down through the ages of time, a process that happened before the world began. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Secondly we are called by His grace. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. And what a mighty grace it is. It makes it possible for us to come into the presence of God Himself. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Amazing grace has enthralled the minds and hearts of believers for centuries. Each one of us has had Jesus revealed to us. Certainly not in the same way as Paul nor was our calling the same as Paul's. But certainly the Spirit opened our eyes to see Jesus, to see Him as our Savior and Lord. We may not be preachers, but we certainly must share Jesus with those God has put in our lives. Yes, I praise God for His sovereign plan for my life, for setting me apart before I was born, for calling me by His grace, and for revealing His Son to me so that I might be saved eternally and be in His presence for the endless ages.

Father,
Thank You. I praise You for who you are!
In the name of the Son,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment