Sunday, July 12, 2015

Our Charge

1 Tim. 1:5
The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Said simply, but oh so powerfully! Love from a pure heart would have to be selfless and could only be seen in Jesus Christ. As I grow closer to Him and become more like Him, each day my love becomes more like His love for me. But such a great distance I have to travel! Oh so very flawed is my love! A good conscience would mean always seeking the best for another and not for self. It would mean obeying the commands of the word without any rationalization or justification. So that always I could come into Your presence with nothing to hide or regret. Complete and utter obedience means a good conscience! A sincere faith is one that I pursue at all costs. It is the most important thing in my life, my reason for living, my mission and ministry, and my future hope. My faith must be sincere, or is no faith at all!

Father,
Such power in Your word! Clean out my heart. Sweep away my selfishness and let Your love reside in its place. Keep my heart pure as Your Son who has redeemed and sanctified me. Teach me willing obedience even when the cost is great! Keep my faith sincere, never reduced to mere formality or habit, but bursting with the freshness of the Spirit in all that I do, say, and feel. Lord, I love You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment