Friday, July 31, 2015

Pure and True

Titus 1: 15-16
To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. They profess to know God, but they deny Him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.

Oh the difference it makes when Christ transforms the life! I am clean from the inside out. He has made me pure through His blood. Before Christ I was defiled much like the person described in these verses. I could have been raised in a church that was one of social significance where a saving knowledge of Christ was missing. I may have thought I knew God, but yet my works, my life style would have denied Him like so many people today. Oh the trap of religion!

However, there are people who claim to know God but are out to destroy the people of God. These people are defiled in their minds and consciences. They are detestable, disobedient, and unfit for good works. Yikes! Quite an indictment! But at the same time, quite a warning! I need to watch to see if the life of a person matches his words. God is concerned with the heart. He knows if a person is true and not pretend. He has given me His Spirit to live inside me to help me live for Him and to guide me in discerning truth from error, that includes those who profess to know God but deny Him by their lives. 

Father,
Help me to be true to You, to live purely in Your power and strength. Give me eyes to discern truth from error.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment