Saturday, July 11, 2015

Weariness

2 Thess. 3:13
As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good. 

Weariness is something that really clings to the soul. I think it sneaks up on a person until all of a sudden it's huge! Little by little the flesh begins to take hold of what we are doing for the Lord, our service. We push through when we are tired. We fill a spot because no one else will. As soon as the flesh has a foothold, weariness is inevitable! So the warning is do not grow weary in doing good. The command is emphatic! I think Paul knew how devastating weariness could be. He knew the great potential it had for stealing the joy of the Lord, for drying up the reserves of our love for one another, and for allowing dissatisfaction to cloud our spiritual vision. Yes, do not!! Do not even go there!! At the first sign, stop, pray, get rid of it!!! How many times have I grown weary? Too many to count! I must heed this warning. I must not be weary in doing good!

Father,
Help me not to grow weary. Give me correct vision so that I might see my flesh and deal with it as sin. I confess all the times that I have served in weariness of flesh. Forgive me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment