Sunday, May 1, 2016

Grace Not Law

Gal. 2

Paul's point was that whether you are Jew or Gentile, it matters not. We are not saved by the law or by works of the law, but by Jesus Christ. We have done nothing to deserve it since it was a gift from God. We are justified by faith in Christ not by any works that we have done whether they are of the law or human invention. As Paul said, For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose. What better argument than this! Grace would not be grace if it depended on the law or on works. Our salvation is based on faith in the Son of God. Who are we to nullify Christ's death? Such pride man has that he thinks his works can save him! How foolish!

Father,
Thank You for this great salvation, for gifting me with eternal life, with the faith to believe in Jesus, and with wisdom to understand Your great work in the hearts and lives of man. Thank You so much!
In Jesus name,
The One who provided my salvation,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment