Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Life Transformed

Gal. 1

The people in Galatia were astonished because of the transformation in Paul. They said, He who used to persecute us is not preaching the faith he once tried to destroy. And they glorified God because of Paul. Paul's salvation and corresponding changed life caused many people to glorify God. Would it be true of all Christians! Some some show no signs of change at all, or perhaps they are seeking to hide this change, and this not for awhile but for a lifetime. It makes one wonder if church attendance was substituted for a born again experience with Jesus. Once Jesus is in the life drastic changes must happen. 

Paul's testimony began with his startling encounter with God on the road to Damascus which left him blind for a time. After which he went to the desert and was taught by God for a 3 year time period. As Paul told it, But when He who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son to me, in order that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone. Paul knew from the start what he was to do. Could that be a reason believers are so invisible? Have they not found their purpose and calling? Things to consider, but it is definitely true that when Jesus comes into the life, changes must happen. A life transformed must look transformed!

Father,
Thank You for setting me apart to be Yours before I was born and before time began. Thank You for calling me by Your great grace and revealing Your Son to me. Help me to share Jesus with all those that You bring my way.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment