Sunday, January 11, 2015

God's All-Seeing Eye

Ps. 11:4-5
The LORD is in his holy temple; the LORD's throne is in heaven; his eyes see, his eyelids test the children of man. The LORD tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.

David was concerned about his safety. If he ran to the mountains, the wicked would have weapons that could take him down. The wicked were unrelenting in their pursuit. Even though David was unsettled in emotionally, he remembered what was true about his God. God is in His holy temple, and His throne is in the heavens. But for an earthling who is in a crisis, that sounds very far away. David knew that God's eyes see all, not just the wicked but the righteous as well. He tests all the children of man including the righteous. David's confidence was in the Lord, for himself and for the destruction of the wicked. 

God hates the wicked.[pretty strong language]  In light of this fact, David wanted God to rain down coals, fire, sulfur, and a scorching wind on the wicked.[Pretty intense emotions] Thoughts like these are often in the minds of believers. But thinking about the fact of God sees all and tests the righteous is another issue. God's all-seeing eye is a double-edged truth in His hatred of the wicked and in His testing of the righteous. Certainly, David's trials [with the wicked in constant pursuit] were a means of greater growth in faith and trust. On one side is trial and on the flip side is blessing. Whatever it may be, all things are the servants of God. And yes that included the wicked!

What great truths to remember. God sees all not just my actions but the feelings and emotions of my heart. He sees my choices, my words, and my sin. Thankfully He has saved me and called me His own. Without Him, where would I be? Definitely, in the camp of the wicked. David's struggle in this psalm is an encouragement to me. I can take all my feelings to God, and I can always trust Him for the outcome of situations. All things are His servants even the wicked.

Father,
Thank You so much. You have blessed my life in so many ways. Help me to keep the truth of Your word in the forefront of my mind.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment