Friday, October 30, 2015

Overcomers

1 Jn. 4:4
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

It is just that simple. Jesus Christ and God's Holy Spirit who dwell within me are greater than Satan or any of his minions or followers!!! Nothing takes God by surprise. He is the author of all that happens each and every moment. So why fear??? There is no logical reason, but sometimes fear is not a logical thing. So to bolster my emotions I would need to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might, in His word, in prayer, and in fellowship with the rest of my body. Yes, even little children [in the faith and physically] can overcome what is in the world. for God gave us not a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control. I am gifted to withstand all the onslaughts of this world. I am gifted to be strong and overcome. I am gifted to love as He loved and to have self-control. 

Father,
Take my knowledge from my head and send it coursing through my emotions, in fact, through my entire being. I know I am Yours, and I thank You so very much. But at times, my life doesn't reflect you at all. It's not as if I am doing something bad, but it's like I have forgotten you for a time. I don't ever want to forget You even for a moment. Give me purpose and strong resolve.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment