Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Well-Being and Calamity

Jer. 51:56 c
for the Lord God is a God of recompense; He will surely repay.

I think it is amazing how God uses heathen nations in the discipline and punishment of Israel and Judah in the Old Testament, but yet those very nations will come under the wrath of God later for what they did to Israel and Judah. God can use anyone, people, nation, or things that He chooses. He has the right as Creator of this world. Is. 45:5-7 says, I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me, that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things. These nations do not need to know God themselves to be used by God. As the author of all things, He calls the shots. What an amazing lesson! 

Man is so puffed-up with himself thinking he can control his own life. How foolish! All God needs do is speak a word and all nature responds, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc., and yes, even wars and invasions. Sadly, many times Christians think that they call the shots in their own lives. No, no, no...It is not true. Only God directs the lives of His own children. Lam. 3: 38 says, Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that good and bad come? But the verses we can cling to are earlier in this same chapter, The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness. What a powerful God we serve! 

Father,
Thank You for being so involved in my life, for helping me yesterday when I fell, and for helping me find my phone. In the grand scheme of things a phone is inconsequential, but to me it was big. Thank You! I praise You for hte great God that you are!
In His name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment