Monday, October 26, 2015

Strong Words

1 Jn. 3:9
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in Him, and He cannot keep on sinning because He has been born of God.

John has some strong words in the first 10 verses of Ch. 3. These words demonstrate how the grace walk is not an easy walk. He begins by giving us a great promise: we shall be like Him because we shall see Him as He is. 
  • The first order of business is purification because of our hope in Him. We should desire above all to be like Him: And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.
  • Secondly, He came to abolish sin so that all who believe in Him will not be enslaved to it. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. What is my attitude toward sin? 
  • Third, No believer should be making a practice of sin. It is an impossibility for God's seed to be in a person and for them to keep on practicing sin. To God sin is heinous!-No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
  • Then a flat-out statement. Those practicing righteousness are of God and those not are of the devil. This statement is followed by a practical example, that is loving our brother. Loving is an evidence of the seed of God within a person.  By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
The key word here is 'practice'. What is my attitude toward sin? Am I ashamed when I repeat the same sin? Do I pray and seek God's help, or do I just accept it? It is a serious issue. Do I have the evidences of the seed of God within me? 

Father,
Fill me with a desire to be godly so strong that I cannot resist it. Grow me in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. I confess letting my flesh have control of my life too many times. Forgive me.Grant me repentance. 
In Jesus name,
Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment