Thursday, April 28, 2016

Awaken the Dawn

Ps 108:1-5
 My heart is steadfast, O God! I will sing and make melody with all my being!
Awake, O harp and lyre! I will awake the dawn!
I will give thanks to you, O LORD, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations.
For your steadfast love is great above the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth!

What wonderful words to begin a new day! David declared again that he was steadfastly God's. It wasn't a fact that he took for granted, but one that he renewed each day. Why? Did it strengthen his resolve when his life was in danger, when circumstances were overwhelming, or when he was losing hope? Yes, just saying the words makes the heart stronger and I am sure made his heart stronger! God is pleased by such a declaration. 

David engaged not only his mind, but he also made music. His entire being was engaged with and focused on the Lord rejoicing in a new day and worshiping God. His music, his heart, and his mind were praising from a heart of thanksgiving. He wanted to shout his praise to the nations, to all peoples everywhere. Having a God who showed steadfast love and faithfulness was deserving of such praise. His God did not demand children to be burned on an altar or women abused and raped on the doors of a temple. His God loved His chosen ones. He worked faithfully in their lives. His God must be exalted above all, and His glory must reign over the entire earth. David praised God with his whole being and that was the beginning of his day! And that should be the beginning of every one of my days as well!

Father,
I praise You this morning for Your steadfast love and Your faithfulness. Thank You for saving me, giving me Your Son as my Savior, for working in my life, and for Your great grace that allows me to be one with Jesus and to be pleasing to You. You are the only God my Savior through Jesus Christ my Lord. Thank You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment