Saturday, April 16, 2016

Our Aim

2 Cor. 5

The great truth is that if and when our physical body [our earthly home] is no more, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. What a hope! While we are still earth-living we groan for what is to come. We groan to be freed from the constant struggle with sin. We groan to be in His presence. We groan for our mortality to be transformed to immortality. God has prepared us for this very transformation by giving us His Spirit as our guarantee. The Spirit is our reassurance that God will do this, that what we believe is true and will come to pass. 

Consequently no matter the circumstances the believer can always be of good courage. While we are in the this physical body, we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith and not by sight, Certainly we would choose to be at home with the Lord. But whether we are at home here or away there, we make it our aim to please Him.  Pleasing God must be foremost in our thinking. It must be our focus, our perspective, and our method of operation. For the truth is that we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ so that each of us may receive what is due for what we have done in the body on this earth.  

Father,
I want my aim to be to please You in all that I am and do. But I know that I can do nothing in and of myself that would please You so I ask that You work in my life, that You fill me with Your grace and strength,and that You help me please you. Your grace must be my sufficiency. I will put all I have into what You give me to do. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment