Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Victory

1 Cor. 15:57-58
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
 
Through Christ I am victorious! I know that He has given me new, resurrection life. One day when Jesus calls me home I will rise to meet Him, and then I will be with Him eternally. My perishable will  be raised imperishable; my dishonor will be raised in glory; my weakness will be raised in power; and my natural body will become a spiritual body. How glorious! And all in a moment!
 
This is the great mystery that I shall be changed! In a moment in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. Through His resurrection power I will be imperishable and immortal. Death is swallowed up in victory. The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. Jesus in His death and resurrection claimed the victory forever. For this reason [and many more] my words must be words of thanks. My life must be steadfast and immovable, standing firm in Him and in His strength. I must abound in the work of the Lord knowing that in the Lord my labor is not in vain. I live for a higher call. My heart and eyes are set above where Christ is. I must consider myself dead to sin and alive to God. I want to claim the victory that is already accomplished! Sin does not reign in my life.
 
Father,
What great truths! Thank You for Jesus and His resurrection power. Thank You for transforming me in this new life. Through Your grace and strength help me to stand steadfast and immovable in the faith. Lead me in the way that I will be abounding in Your work.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment