Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Contrasts

Eph. 2:20 b-21
...Christ  Jesus Himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 

In this passage, the old life and the new life are contrasted. Why? Perhaps it is to remind me of my past so that I might rejoice in the present!
In the past:
  • I was a Gentile in the flesh
  • I was called the uncircumcision [made in the flesh by hands]
  • I was alienated from the commonwealth of Israel
  • I was a stranger to the covenants of promise
  • I had no hope without God in the world
  • I was far off
  • I was a stranger and alien
But now:
  • I am in Christ Jesus
  • I have been brought near by the blood of Christ
  • He is my peace
  • He has broken down the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law and ordinances
  • He has created in Himself one new man so making peace
  • I am reconciled to God through the cross killing the hostility
  • I am a fellow citizen with the saints and the members of the household of God. 
  • I have access by one Spirit to the Father
  • My life is built on the foundation of the apostles Christ Jesus the cornerstone
  • I am growing into a holy temple in the Lord
  • In Him I am being built into a dwelling place for the Spirit of God
What a transformation! God has stripped away what is binding and enslaving to give me what is freeing in Him and in the Spirit. 

Father,
Thank You for this great transformation! Thank You for giving me Jesus so that I might be united to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment