Monday, May 19, 2014

Faith

Gal. 3: 26
For in Christ Jesus you all sons of God through faith.

What an amazing fact! It is true! It is real! Before faith came [and was offered as a free gift], I was imprisoned under the law because the law revealed my sin. In myself I could do nothing righteous. My flesh did not allow for me to obey it in its entirety or even in part. But that was God's plan! The law emphasized my need for a Savior, so that when Christ came, I could go to Him for salvation. Christ is faith! Receiving Christ means receiving faith.  Now that I am in Christ, I no longer need the law to live. I have put on Christ, and in Him, all believers are made one. There are no more divisions, no Jew, Greek, slave, free, male, or female. Wow! In Christ I am all that I can be, all that I would ever want to be, and all that God sees in me. And if I am Christ's [which I am], then I too am Abraham's offspring and heirs according to promise. In Christ the past, the present, and the future become one all to the praise of His glory.

Father,
Such a wondrous gift was faith, faith in Christ. I know I am Christ's. In Your eyes You see me covered in the righteousness of Christ. But I ask that you would grant me to walk worthy of the call to which I have been called. 
In Jesus name and His great power,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment