Friday, May 23, 2014

Final Words

Gal. 6:14
But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 

Paul completed the letter to the Galatians with  several great principles for Christian living. 
  • If a brother is caught in sin, the spiritual brothers should restore him in gentleness. All the while keeping watch over their souls as well. In no way does this speak of a judgmental attitude, but instead one of love and concern for their own spiritual condition as well. 
  • Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ. We are all part of the body of Christ. No one should think better of himself, but instead help his brother in love. Come alongside. Be the hands of Christ to those who are struggling. 
  • God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also  reap. If one sows to the flesh, he or she will reap the flesh,  but the one who sows to the Spirit, will reap eternal life. Because of this believers should seize every opportunity to do good to everyone, especially believers.
  • Far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the word. Neither circumcision or uncircumcision [religious rules or empty ritual] count for nothing, only being a new creation in Christ. This was Paul's life, all in Christ. This must be my life. All in for Christ! Paul went on to state that he bore the marks of Jesus on his body. What a declaration and evidence of a life lived right. What marks are upon my body? Does the world see Jesus when they look at me?
Final words and thoughts are always so important. It is usually the thing that the reader remembers most clearly. In this case, Paul has flooded the believer's thinking with concepts crucial to his or her spiritual growth. Concepts that are essential for Christian living.

Father,
Help me to have a gentle and caring spirit toward others. Give me the strength to bear burdens without judging. Focus my life on Jesus Christ and not on the world. Give me Your grace and strength to be all in for Jesus.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment