Friday, May 16, 2014

Pleasing God or Pleasing Man

Gal. 1:10
For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

There it is so very plainly spoken! Pleasing man and pleasing God are polar opposites! Paul could go far as to say that he did not even preach man's gospel, but his gospel was through a revelation of Jesus Christ. His life before Christ was one of great zeal in advancing the traditions of his fathers. But that all changed when he met Jesus. Paul had been set apart by God before he was born. It was this same God who called Paul by His grace and revealed to Paul His Son. All this so that he might preach the gospel to the Gentiles! [I praise Him for this!]  His reputation was now drastically changed. Before he was known as a persecutor of believers but now he is known as a preacher of the faith he once tried to destroy. Paul's choice was clear. Pleasing man was not even in his mindset, instead he was a servant of Christ who followed wherever the Spirit led him. In no way, shape, or form did Paul seek the approval of man or try to please man. .Does this go for all those who profess the faith? Yes! The decision is clear. Who do I seek to please?

Father,
I know that You set me apart before I was born. You chose and called me to be Your servant. Keep my spiritual eyes clear so that I may see who I am pleasing.  
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment