Thursday, May 8, 2014

Weapons

2 Cor. 10:5-6
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete. 

Paul's weapons are not of this world. Even though he is in the flesh, he does not battle according to the flesh. His battle is spiritual. He desires to teach the Corinthian believers about the true battle that all Christians fight. In the Spirit and in Christ believers we can fight against all the forces of evil. The believer must constantly be aware of the battle and know which weapons are at his disposal. The power at work within us helps us to destroy fleshly and Satanic strongholds. We can destroy arguments and opinions that man raises against the knowledge of God. We must take every thought captive as we obey Christ. We must be aware of the sin that so often defeats us and be ready to punish disobedience so that we continue to grow in Christ. These words are hard and even scary, but better to know that to be taken down.

Father,
Reveal to me what is in my mind that does not please you. Give me Your grace so that I may take captive every thought, the ones I purposely think and the ones that flit across my mind without my awareness. I know Satan is sneaky so open my eyes to see his snares. Keep me ever close to You.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment