Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Daughter and Heir

Gal. 4:4-7
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law,  to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.

God operates in the fullness of  His time. His will and purpose are not confined by my understanding of time. As it is, I see only short-term time, things that have happened in the past and what is happening now. I have an idea about the future, but that is very changeable. His timing often extends beyond my life. So that in my perception I see only a small part of what God is trying to do. This is why faith is 100% necessary. I must trust Him in whatever comes about in my life no matter how hard, perplexing, or devastating. 

But one thing that I know about God's timing is that He reached down to humanity when He sent Jesus, His Son to be born physically to redeem all of us who were bound by sin. In 33 short years, Jesus changed the course of time as humans understand it. For those who believe in Jesus, [what He said, how He lived, how He died,  how He rose again, how He ascended to the Father, and how He is coming again to claim those who are His own],there is an adoption, an adoption as sons. Adoption carries with it the  meaning of choice. The Father, in the fullness of His time, sent His son to redeem us and provide a way for us to be His sons and daughters. Because I am His child, I can call Him, Abba, Father. I can be intimate and personal with the Creator of the universe, with the God who set all time and events in motion, and with the God who has a special purpose for my life. So I am no longer a slave to sin, but because of God's timing, I am a daughter and an heir. Wow! 

Father,
What glorious words! A daughter and an heir! I am so thankful that you opened the way for me to come to you personally. You are my Abba Father. Grow me into what that really means. Teach me to trust in You for all things that come into my life. I want Your timing to be my timing.
In Jesus name and power,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment