Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Salvation

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 

My salvation is a glorious thing to consider. Initially, I was dead in sin, and I walked as the world did, following Satan who is currently at work in the disobedient. In this state, I lived in the passions of my flesh, obeying my own desires for my body and mind. I was by nature wrathful like so many of those around me. Not a pretty picture! 

But God...such wonderful words. He acted in opposition to my nature, and in His great mercy and love, made me alive in Christ. Wow! It was by His grace that I was saved out of sin and given new life so that in the coming ages I might be raised up and seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus. It is always because I am in Christ. Why? So that God might show me His immeasurable riches of His grace and kindness to me in Christ Jesus. What a hope is this! 

For by grace I have been saved through faith, a state totally free from anything I might do. The grace and faith are both gifts of God. Why? To eliminate human boasting and promote humility, an understanding of my state apart from God. For I am His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that I should walk in them. I am created and saved for a purpose, not merely to be God's child [which is huge] , but so I might walk in my God-prepared good works. Quite a life change from my unsaved and ungodly state! My salvation saved my soul, transformed my nature, created me in Christ Jesus, and continually orders my daily life. It is all encompassing and only possible l because I am in Christ!

Father,
Thank You for the gifts of grace and faith and for making me over in Jesus. Strengthen me and guide me in the way of the good works you have prepared for me. Help me to understand salvation and how it affects my life practically. 
In Christ Jesus,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment