Monday, April 13, 2015

Do all to Glorify God

1 Cor. 10:31-33
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.

Here is the conclusion of the matter. There remains no need to think one way or the other--eat meat sacrificed to idols or not. First and foremost, I must always do all to the glory of God. My life is no longer lived for myself, to please myself or to exercise every bit of freedom I might have in Christ. It is to glorify Him, and glorifying Him means loving others. Col. 3 says, And above all these [compassion, humility, meekness, patience, forgiveness], put on love which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Phil. 2 says, Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. It means giving no offense to others, to the church of God, but also to the Jews and Greeks. Like Paul, my goal should be to please others in whatever I do so that in God's timing they might be saved. 

Father,
Give me a heart for others. Make love be the motive in all that I do. Make my eating and my drinking honoring to you.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment