Monday, April 20, 2015

Dwelling and Abiding

Ps. 91:1-2
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. 

What a wonderful psalm to read on the morning of surgery! And to think it was the next read in my daily reading, and so totally perfect for the day. He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you will find refuge, His faithfulness is a shield and buckler...Because He holds fast to me in love, I will deliver Him; I will protect Him, because He knows my name. When He calls to me, I will answer Him; I will be with Him in trouble; I will rescue Him and honor him. With long life, I will satisfy Him and show him my salvation. Yes, I do hold fast to Him in love, and I know He holds fast to me. 

Father,
This morning as I draw near to You, I claim these verses. Cover me with Your pinions and Your wings. I know Your name, and the power in Your name. I call to You to be with me this morning. I know that You will orchestrate the entire surgery according to Your will. You are a wonderful God who causes all things in my life to work together for my good.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment