Friday, March 25, 2016

Sexual Immorality Revisited

1 Cor. 6:12-20

Paul reinforced his teaching on sexual immorality again. This repetition speaks to the importance of this concept. The Corinthians felt that all things were lawful, but Paul said that not all things were helpful because all things had the power to enslave. Paul refused to be enslaved by any fleshly thing because he was a slave of Jesus Christ as are all believers. It mattered not whether it was or is food or sexual immorality.  Our bodies are not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord.

Since our members are members of Jesus if or when we were to be joined to a prostitute then Jesus would be joined to a prostitute as well. Shameful! When we are joined to the Lord then we become one spirit with Him. Such unity as this is a thing to be valued and treasured not destroyed or tainted. It is something to  remember constantly . If I lose my temper, then Jesus is one with me there. If I am a glutton or a drunkard, then Jesus is one with me. If I am irritated and impatient, Jesus is one with me. Whatever I do, He is with me. 

The conclusion of the matter is this: Flee sexual immorality. Paul explained that every other sin committed is outside the body, but sexual immorality is a sin that is against our own bodies. Heavy thought! Our culture would have us believe, that sex is something to be shared with many and is really of no lasting consequence. But that is not so! Especially for the Christian! Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. Once I have accepted Jesus my entire world changes. He bought me, I am now His. I can no longer let my flesh rule in any area. I must give all my members to Jesus to be used as He sees fit. I must glorify Him in my body because His Spirit dwells within me. Amazing! How blessed! It shows me how strong the flesh is that I would damage the Spirit of God. How utterly foolish! 

Father,
Give me Your grace and strength to live as I should. Help me to present all my members to Jesus and to crucify the flesh constantly and always. Thank You for Placing Your Spirit within me. Bring it constantly to my mind.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment