Friday, January 25, 2013

Christ in Me

Col. 1:27
To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you.
 
What a mystery is this! First that God chose to share the message of salvation with the Gentiles and  included us and allowing us to be His saints! Not only that but we become saints in and through the grace of God. It is not any works that we have done, but only His grace. Not to say that we don't work powerfully in and through His grace.
 
Then even more glorious is the fact that Christ is in us. He indwells us!
  • The very one who delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
  • the very one in whom we have redemption the forgiveness of sin,
  • the very one who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation,
  •  the very one who created all things in heaven and in earth,
  • the very one who is before all things, and in Him all things hold together,
  • the very one who is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, the very one in whom dwells all the fullness of God, who reconciles to Himself all things, who made peace by the blood of His cross,
This very one indwells all believers including me! Wow! What a glorious mystery is this! The question is how to live in the reality of these absolute truths! As Paul said, Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all His energy that He powerfully works in me! Am I toiling for the gospel? Am I allowing Christ to work powerfully in me?
 
Father,
Teach me how to live in the reality of the fact that Christ is in me! Draw me ever closer to Him so that as I know Him more He may give me a passion for Him. 
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment