Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Word

Ps. 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock, and my redeemer.
 
Because God is sovereign over all the earth, David praises God for creation and for His word. God's words are always true because of who God is. His character and power are reflected in His words.
  • The Law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. It must be perfect because the giver of the words is perfect. These are not just any words, but they are life giving words.
  • The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. Because God's words are sure and dependable, they can be trusted for anyone and in any situation. They have the potential to impart wisdom to those who know the Speaker of the Words.
  • The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart. What a blessing! Not only do they give wisdom but they give joy.
  • The commandment of the Lord is pure enlightening the eyes. These words open the eyes of our heart to understand His purity and to purify our hearts.
  • The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever. Jesus is the living word of God. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, timeless. I am in awe of  its timelessness.
  • The rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether. The Word is absolutely True, in any situation, with any people, and in any time. Through His Word, His righteousness is imparted to us when we believe and accept Him as our Savior.
  • More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb. His Words are sweet to our souls and hearts and are unbelievably valuable.
  • Moreover by them is your servant warned; in keeping of them is great reward. His words convict of sin and of judgment keeping me where I should be. They also give me a hope, the blessed hope.
What a blessing is His Word! How life-changing and transforming! No wonder David would end this psalm with this prayer. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock, and my redeemer.
 
Father,
Thank You for Your precious Word and its great value that You have given to me so that I might know You and Your Son and so that I might live eternally praisingYour name. Make my words and my thoughts acceptable to You.
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment