Saturday, January 5, 2013

Leaping and Walking

Acts 3:6
But Peter said, I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!
 
What Jesus offers each person is so much better than silver and gold! Case in point, a certain lame man was carried daily to the gate of the temple to beg for alms. This was his life, his existence, but little did he know that his life was to change drastically. Peter spoke to the man, saying, Look at us. He did look and was waiting to receive his customary alms. But Peter and John had no money, no currency for this world, but they did have the currency for the world to come. Peter said, I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk! How much better was this! How does being carried each day to eek out the barest existence from the charity of others compare to being healed, to rising up and walking? Immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. He leaped up and began walking and praising God. The people watching were filled with wonder and amazement at what they saw. What a glorious example of what Jesus does in a life! The crippling effects of sin are gone, and the spirit is freed to leap with praises to God. God has done this amazing  thing in my life as well. But do I leap and praise God for all to see? Do I see God's hand in the circumstances of my daily existence?
 
Father,
I Praise You for saving me, for destroying the crippling effects of sin, and for giving me a new life. Give me a heart of rejoicing each and every day.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment