Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What Is True About God

Ps. 16:2
I say to the Lord, You are my Lord, I have no good apart from you.
 
What is true about God? Certainly David, the author of this psalm, knew that God would never fail him. As he constantly was in danger, He anchored his soul and his life on the promises of God. He knew that God would always be true to His word.
  • I have no good apart from Him.- And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.(Rom. 8:28) What a promise to give my life meaning and purpose!
  • The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; You hold my lot. He is my chosen portion because He has chosen me to be His child. He is the cup that gives me living water. He has planned my days. In your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them. (Ps. 139:16)
  • I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. He is my counsellor because He knows me, His purpose for me, and His plan for all my days. But the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. (Jn. 14:26)
  • I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. --Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I never travel alone because He never leaves me.
  • You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. --I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. (Jn. 10:28) He has promised that He will never leave me. I am His eternally.
  • You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of Joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. He revealed the path of life to me in the person of His Son. I am the way, the truth and the life. (Jn. 14:6) One day, the Son will call me home to be with Him forevermore. My life will be singing the praises of God eternally.
Remembering what is true about God is the way to handle whatever obstacles life brings me. Like David, I can rely on Him who is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is 100 % true to His word. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
 
Father,
I know You are true to Your words. Bring them to my mind and heart when I am in a low place.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment