Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Anxiety

Phil. 4:6-7
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. 

Immediately before these verses it says The Lord is at hand; This then must be the primary focus for the believer. I must constantly gaze forward, ever looking and longing for the return of Jesus. I am also assured that He is at hand, but many say that people have been saying that for years. And so they have! But God's timing is vastly different than human timing! A fact I often forget. 

Since He is at hand, I must not worry about life here in this world, my health, family matters, or even spiritual matters. Worry is the antithesis of Jesus. He controls all. His Father set all events in their course, so why worry? Will my anxiety alter the course of anything? No, but it certainly undoes me. To quell worry when it gets a foothold, I need to pray with a thankful heart. As I pray, I can ask God to intervene or to change, but even if the answer is no, I must be thankful! Thankfulness is the key to having the peace of God guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. He has done so much for me. How can I ever thank Him enough? Well, I can't, but I can trust Him and not worry. I can trust Him and see His hand in every detail of my life. I can trust Him as I wait for Him to return and call me home to live with Him for eternity.

Father,
Thank You for Jesus and for the gift of prayer. Help me to trust and not to worry. Thank You for this great promise.
In the name of Jesus,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment