Sunday, June 28, 2015

Walk in Wisdom

Col. 4:5-6
Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

Oh, that is the question. How to walk wisely? How to make the best use of my time? These questions are so subjective. What I might consider wise and good use of time another person might not. But basically, I am concerned about God. What does He think? I think this issue underlies the powerful need for prayer. Every single thing should be a topic for prayer. I think I should simply pray and ask if this is wise or if that is wise. Ask Him! I am sure that He would lead. But sadly, I often plow ahead in my own strength and in my own flawed wisdom. Not only sad but foolish! How can I expect to have wisdom without asking?

The same goes for my speech. If I want it to be gracious, I need to go to the throne of grace to get it. I need to go to the author of all grace, the one who gives freely and without reproach. It is then that I will have the salt that I need to season my tongue and make it something useful to God. Without this seasoning, my tongue is wild and uncontrolled. Definitely gamy! I do want to know how to answer each person. I want to know how to show grace and be godly. I must pray more! I must ask!

Father,
I confess my lack of asking and my plowing ahead in my own strength. Forgive me! Cleanse me and help me start anew. Lord, give me grace and wisdom for today. Help my speech to be gracious, seasoned with salt and wise.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment