Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Citizenship

Phil. 3:20
But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power that enables Him even to subject all things to Himself. 

How wonderful that my future is set! I don't have to worry about where I will be going or if I will even exist. Instead I can claim this promise knowing full well that it is true! I will be heaven! In the meantime I am in a holding pattern as I wait for Jesus my Savior, the One who made my future possible. When He comes in the clouds and calls me to Himself, He will transform my flawed and failing body of flesh into a glorious body like His. That concept alone is mind bending! Shedding this body and this life and stepping into a glorious body. And how can Jesus do this? By the power given Him by God, the power that enables Him to make all things subject to Him in that day. Because Jesus paid the horrendous and humbling cost on the cross, God highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 

Father,
Thank You for citizenship in heaven. Help me grow and be pleasing to You as I wait for Jesus to come and transform me completely.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment