Thursday, June 11, 2015

Redemption and LIfe

Ps. 119:153
Look on my affliction and deliver me; for I do not forget your law. 

The psalmist knew that life and deliverance were in the promises of God. He did not seek it from any other source. In the next verse he said, Plead my cause and redeem me; give me life according to your promises! This verse is punctuated with an exclamation point. No doubt David felt strongly about this redemption since David lived the life of a fugitive for many years. It was far from a poetic thought. In the flesh, he knew God's words were all he had, his only hope; but in the spiritual realm, he knew they were the very best thing that he could seek. 

In v. 156 he said, Great is your mercy, O Lord; give me life according to your rules. God's mercy must precede his gift of life. Without mercy, no human would ever be worthy of the life that only He can give. David comprehended the foolishness of his pursuers because they had no knowledge of God or His laws. He asked, Consider how I love Your precepts! Give me life according to you steadfast love. The sum of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous rules endures forever.  Such a closing statement to this strophe. God's word is truth! God's word endures forever!

Father,
Thank you for Your great words and Your gift of life. I know that YOur words are truth. Help me to hold fast to them.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment