Friday, June 26, 2015

Put On Then...

Col. 3:12-17
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


This is to be my new attire! Just as I dress each morning, so I am to put on these qualities of Christian character, qualities which directly impact my attitudes and actions and influence how I interact with others. When I walk about wearing only the garments of my flesh, then trouble ensues. I become self-centered and controlling. But when I put on love, kindness, meekness, patience, forgiveness, and thankfulness, then something altogether different ensues. I think of others first, how I can meet their needs, how I can bless their lives, and how I can show them grace, the same grace that Jesus has shown me. But how is this possible? Who can allow these traits to rule in their lives? I can't sustain them for the long haul. But through Christ, I can do all things! He is my strength and my fortitude. He is all that I need for any and every situation. How blessed am I! I not only have a new life but also have the strength to live it.

Father,
Thank You for this passage that speaks to me so frequently. Increase my desire to live like this and strengthen me with your grace for my resolve. You are a gracious and wonderful God! You have blessed my life is so many ways. 
In Jesus name,
Amen


'

No comments:

Post a Comment