Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Another Deliverance

Acts 1619-40

Apparently jail cells were no obstacle for God, first Peter and now Paul and Silas. Certainly it was of ultimate importance for the growth of the early church that Paul and Silas be released. But at the same time, I think of Saeed who was in prison for 3 1/2 years before being released. How can I understand this? Who can understand the mind of God? Certainly not me. But I must trust in Him, and believe with all that I am and have that His way is the best way.

Not only were Paul and Silas, thrown into prison but they were beaten with rods. The punishment was severe. However, At the time of the quake, they were able to lead the jailer and his entire house to the Lord. Certainly this event brought glory to the name of God. Later when Paul informed the magistrates that they were Roman citizens, the magistrates were definitely afraid. They came and apologized and asked them to leave [which they did]. All of these circumstances speak to the workings of God, of His plan and purpose, and of His bringing glory to Himself. It is not for me to question, instead I need to trust, trust Him in all things.

Father,
At times my trust wavers when I see that sometimes there is a deliverance and sometimes not. I know that You know best, but my human heart fears. Grow my trust and rest in You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment