Sunday, May 23, 2010

Longing for Heaven

Is. 65:17-25 paints a beautiful picture of the new heavens and earth. In this new Jerusalem the past with be forgotten with its turmoil, its hostilities, its wars, and its aggressions. God has gifted this land with joy and its people with gladness, and God, Himself, rejoices not only in the city, but also in its people. Prosperity will abound within its borders in its housing, its crops, and its families. Labor will be productive,and child bearing will no longer be painful. In fact, children will be the offspring of the Lord. The curse will be gone! Nature itself will be at peace; the wolf and the lamb will graze together. Prayers will be heard and answered before they are completely uttered. What a glorious place God offers!

When I read this passage, I wondered when this will actually happen? Who will be involved? Is Isaiah talking about heaven or a millennial time period? I don't know, but one thing I do know is that it makes me long for heaven where my struggle with the flesh will be finally over, where my new nature will be completely sanctified, where I will be forever in the presence of God, where I will see Jesus face to face and be like Him, where I will praise God from a heart free of sin, where my lifted hands will always be holy, where all my questions will be answered, and where God's thoughts will be my thoughts, and God's ways will be my ways. Heaven is so much more than I could ever grasp, but Isaiah gives me such hope. "But as it is, I [they] desire a better country, that is , a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called my [their] God, for He has prepared for me [them] a city."


Father,
Prepare my heart for Your great city. Sanctify me so I am pure and without blemish at Your coming. Thank you for choosing me to be Your child and to live in Your glorious city.
In Jesus name,
Amen

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marcy! I can tell I am going to LOVE this blog! It's on my favorites! I look forward to many messages and blessings from your beautiful gift of writing in conjunction with your deep love & desire for the Lord.

    This is gonna be good!!!
    Dayna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I praise God for you and your faithfulness. You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete