Friday, May 21, 2010

My Moments are His

It is so fitting that on the first day of my blog my Bible reading plan took me to Ps. 139. Here, God gently reminded me that my moments are His. He knows me even to the extent of discerning my thoughts, searching out my ways, and knowing my words before they are formed. How can this be? His sovereignty allows for no other way. In His creative majesty, He fashioned me even before I was in the womb, giving me the moments that are of His choosing. Since my life was established in the very mind of God, my life is not the sum total of my moments and thoughts. It is the sum total of God's moments and God's thoughts. I must say with David. "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake and I am still with you." Yet, considering the greatness of my God in thought and magnitude, it is amazing that He still chooses to be with me personally. I can wake up each morning in His presence coming confidently to His throne of grace and mercy. As David ended his psalm, I too must seek God for His truth in all my moments. I must allow Him to "Search me... and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." David knew the deceptive ways of his heart. He had suffered through intense, personal devastation in his life, but even more than that, he knew the anguish from disobeying God. He had come face to face with his sin and knew that it was against God and Him alone. I have come face to face with my sin many times, and it is not a pretty picture. I have seen the power that my flesh can hold over me. But, there is hope. I can trust God to search my heart and know my thoughts. Then my moments will glorify His name.


Father,
My heart is moved with praise for Your creative plan in my life. I am overwhelmed that You would choose to share Your thoughts and Your moments with me. My hands are open for you to take my moments and make them Yours. Send your Spirit to expose my sin. Strengthen me in my inner being so that I can repent and forsake my ungodliness. Lead me in Your everlasting way.
In Jesus' most holy name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment