Friday, May 11, 2012

Blessed of the Lord

Job 42:12
And the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning.

What about the trial? Where was its origins? In 42:11 it says, And they showed him sympathy and comforted him for all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him. God is sovereign and ultimately everything that happens is from Him, the good and the bad. That is really hard to grasp!! Why would He bring evil? What purpose would it serve? Perhaps, God wanted him to trust Him regardless of the nature of the trial and even if he didn't understand it. [The same goes for me!] Perhaps He wanted him to trust Him realizing that he would never understand it and that he didn't need to understand it. [The same goes for me!]  Perhaps all he needed to do was value  and worship God resting in the fact that everything in his life was not the fruit of his own work but was from God who had blessed him.[The same goes for me!] Since He has promised that all He sends is for my ultimate good, then I don't have to stress. Was Job's trial for his good? Amazingly, he was able to pray for his friends who had spoken falsely of him. That showed great growth. He was also able to see the sovereign power of God in comparison to his own existence. Could his trial have given him the eternal perspective that he needed and revealed his reliance on his own deeds and righteousness?  The last chapter says that God restored his fortune giving him twice as much as before; not only that but he had 7 sons and 3 daughters. He lived 140 more years and died an old man full of days. What can I learn from Job? I need to rest in Him and His sovereign plan for my life. I need to accept in faith whatever He has for me no matter how mind-boggling it might be. I need to value Him and my relationship with Him above every other thing in my life.

Father,
Thank You for Your sovereign plan and for teaching me daily. In each of life's circumstances, draw me back to You and keep my vision on You alone.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment