Friday, May 18, 2012

Great is the Lord

Ps. 48:1-3
Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised in the city of our God! His holy mountain, beautiful in elevation, is the joy of all the earth, Mount Zion, in the far north, the city of the great king. Within her citadels God has made Himself a fortress.

Jerusalem is great because God dwells in it making it His holy mountain, a city which God has established forever. It is the place where God's temple is and where worship and praise are the cornerstone of human existence. As Ps. 84 says, For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. [Is it the cornerstone of my existence?] Wherever God's name is, praise must resonate from the hearts of man. [Does is resonate from my heart constantly?] In Jerusalem, the joy of the whole earth, praise for a God who lives eternally must fill the air. Amazingly, God has not only chosen a city, but He has chosen a people to praise Him. I am one of His chosen people who praises an eternal God for giving me eternal life and giving me an eternal home. Great is my God!

Father,
You are greatly to be praised! You have made me life complete and have given me a joy beyond expression. Teach me to praise You more and to see Your hand in all of life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment