Friday, October 17, 2014

Evidence

1 Jn. 3:10
By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil; whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. 

John begins the third chapter with a glorious verse: See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The Father's love changes a person from the inside out. Instead of children of the devil, we become children of God. It is because of the Father's love that He has poured into our hearts through His Spirit that our lives are impacted. This is not reformation but transformation. When we see Jesus, when He comes to call us home, then we shall be like Him because we shall see Him as He is. This is our glorious hope and our purification! 

Since our transformation isn't complete until Jesus comes, how does it look now? It comes down to two opposing views on sin. Whoever practices sin, is not of God, but is of the devil for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. In fact, Jesus appeared to destroy the works of the devil. Not only did Jesus defeat Satan, but He gave new life to those who were lost and under the bondage to Satan. Since Jesus has defeated Satan, there is no reason that a child of God should practice sin. More than this, it is an impossibility! If we are born again, God's seed is within us and His seed produces righteousness. If someone tries to tell you differently, he is a deceiver. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil; whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God...

Father, 
Open my eyes so that I may see clearly the sin within my life. I know that I do not practice sin, but I fall to sin more than I should. Give me Your wisdom that I might spot Satan as He tries to take me down.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment